The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)


The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) permits foreigners and people from other countries who are at present working in Canada to extend the duration date of their work grant or permit while they anticipate and hope for a good decision their permanent residency application.

The Bridging Open Work Permit is just accessible to the individuals who have recently submitted their application for permanent residency and are now possessing a substantial work license.

If your bridging work permit is successful, it could lead to an open work permit which will allow the person who has it in his or her possession a chance to work for many employers in different locations of their choice.


Who is Qualified:

To be qualified for the Bridging Open Work Permit, you must adhere strictly to the following conditions:

  • You must presently be residing in Canada;
  • The person in question has legitimate status on a work permit that is expected to terminate inside four months;
  • The person in question is the main or principal candidate on an FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP application for a permanent residence;
  • The person in question got a constructive qualification appraisal or assessment on his or her application; and
  • The person in question has made an application for an open work grant.


The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)


However, it is not all the permanent resident program that is qualified for the BOWP. The BOWP is just accessible to candidates who have the following permanent residence program:

  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
  • Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
  • Caring for Children Class
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
  Top Skilled Trade Jobs in Canada that Are In-Demand

If you check all the criteria and you are qualified to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit, then you can proceed to submit your application.

For persons applying for the BOWP through any of Quebec’s programs are not qualified for the Bridging Open Work Permit. You can only be a qualified candidate if your application for a job is with a Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSQ).

A foreigner or international worker is required to present a BOWP application before their current work grant lapses. In the event that their present work grant lapses before a decision is made with respect to their BOWP application, they may keep on working in Canada under implied status until an ultimate conclusion has been issued in regards to the BOWP application.

Nonetheless, if the BOWP application is denied, the person must stop working in Canada right away. When it is discovered that a foreign worker is still working in Canada without a legitimate work license, they will imperil every future application for Canadian immigration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like