International students in Canada are permitted to take up jobs in Canada which is one of the benefits international students enjoy when they come to Canada to study.
As an international student, you are permitted to work during the holidays, in the summer, or when school is still very much active if it is an on-campus job. To work for an employer outside or off-campus, would be during the holidays.
Getting a good job as a student in Canada gives you a sense of financial independence as a student. With a good and well-paying job, you can pay your fees, afford your rent, and pay your bills without contacting your parents or sponsor.
While working as a student in Canada, you are restricted to just a few hours every day or weekly to allow you to have some time to face your studies.
The most common jobs available for students are part-time jobs and you are only allowed to take up full-time jobs during the holidays. One of the advantages of allowing students to work during their studies in Canada is the experience they gain which gives them an edge in the labour market.
How Do You Find a Good Job in Canada as a Student
Below are some tips to get a well-paying job as a student:
- Decide on your own what type of job you can do, or you will enjoy doing. The job has to be part-time if you’d be working when school is still functional. However, if you are working during the holidays, you can look for full-time jobs
- Search for jobs that will offer you a meaningful experience. You can concentrate on jobs that most likely relate to your career choice, this would help you develop more in your chosen career.
- Search for jobs in the big cities. Because there are so many companies and big firms and companies located in the big cities you are sure to find a good job that pays well.
- When you apply for a job, be very clear about your experience, skill, qualities, and don’t forget to add references
- Ensure you network yourself and meet people. One of the best places to network is among peers, religious groups, and social media.
- Do deep research or search for an available job that is On-campus or off-campus, and read and go through different job postings and then get an idea of what the employer really wants.
When you look for a job in Canada, you will discover that it is one of the fastest ways to get your own cash while studying in Canada.
What is important is that you gain so working experience while you are still working in Canada. If you wish to immigrate to Canada after your studies, you should know that Canadian working experience is so important and it’s one of the most requested requirements when you apply for a permanent resident in Canada