One of the most popular pathways to Canada bring immigrants to Canada is through the Provincial Nominee Program. The provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is created by different provinces in Canada, and each is controlled by the Canadian government, I don’t know if that makes sense to you?
Each province in Canada are allowed to bring in specific immigrants to Canada, and some bring in immigrants for different purpose like to fill up vacant positions in their province and reduce labour shortage. Some bring in immigrants to grow their economy other provinces may want to create jobs in their province, hence they decide to only bring investors and businessmen and women willing to buy or open a business in the province.
For all these reasons, one way each province can attract immigrants is through the Provincial Nominee Program. And the different PNP in Canada are monitored by one Canadian immigration authority called Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada.
Each year, more than 300,00 immigrants come to Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is looking to bring more immigrants to Canada, and this is the fastest route so far, especially if you already have a specific province in mind.
Who is Eligible for Canada PNP?
Depending on the province, the requirements may differ. However below are the general requirements;
- Candidates must meet educational criteria to immigrate; you must have obtained a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral Degree.
- The work experience must be above 2 years. If you have a job offer in the province, it is an additional bonus.
- Meet the language requirements of the province you are immigrating to.
- Show interest to live, and working in the province, especially when you are applying through the Express Entry program.
- You must provide other requested documents such as a medical exam, and police certificates that are valid.
How to Apply for a Provincial Nominee Program
The first step to applying for a Provincial Nominee Program is to submit your application to the province of your choice either online or in-person if you are currently in the province at the time of application. If you are nominated by the province, then the next step is to apply for permanent residence status through the Canadian federal government and immigration authorities.
Step by Step How to Apply for Provincial Nominee Program
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirement of the province you are applying to. Do some research and find out which province is best for you and then submit your application.
- Collect your application form online on the IRCC website or via the immigration office closest to you if you reside in the province.
- If you successfully complete your application, then you will be nominated to apply for permanent residence.
- After you have been nominated, you can submit your application to the Canadian government for a permanent residence permit.